State law requires the following immunizations before being admitted to school:
- Diphtheria and Tetanus FOUR or more properly spaced doses of DTP, DTaP, Td or DT, or any combination of the three with ONE dose administrated on or after the fourth birthday.
- Polio THREE or more properly spaced doses of polio vaccine (IPV or OPV)
- Measles TWO properly spaced doses of live attenuated measles containing vaccine (preferably MMRV) with the first dose administrated at 12 months of age or older, or measles immunity proven by serological evidence determined by the hem agglutination inhibition (HI) test or any comparable test.
- German Measles (Rubella) ONE dose of live attenuated rubella-containing vaccine (preferably MRV) administrated at 12 months of age or older, or rubella immunity proved by serological evidence determined by the hem agglutination inhibition (HI) test or any comparable test.
- Mumps TWO doses of live attenuated mumps containing vaccine (preferably MMRV) administrated at 12 months of age or older, or a physician’s diagnosis of mumps disease indicated by a written record signed by a physician or his/her designee.
- Chicken Pox (Varicella) TWO properly spaced doses, immunity, either from vaccination, history of disease or laboratory testing.
- Hepatitis B THREE properly spaced doses of hepatitis B vaccine, or a history of hepatitis B immunity proven by laboratory testing.
In addition, children entering 7th grade will need the following:
- TDAP (if 5 years has elapsed since last tetanus immunization) ONE dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis
- Meningitis ONE dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
Please provide proof of any recent immunization updates to the school nurse's office.
For more information about immunizations, call 1-877-PA-HEALTH.